[scribus] scribus and tkinter

Frank Cox theatre at melvilletheatre.com
Mon Apr 22 17:01:53 UTC 2013

On Mon, 22 Apr 2013 03:18:12 -0700
Mike Jeffries wrote:

> It seems that on python 2.7 they appear to have packaged tkinter a little
> differently.  I am seeing notes on various postings about that.  The odd
> part is I can run all the tkinter demos which tells me it is installed and
> somehow the rpm cannot find it.  I do have python-tk but to install that
> also depends on installation of tkinter.  It seems like I am missing
> something simple but I cannot figure it out

I think your first problem is that you installed python 2.7 on RHEL 6.

A lot of critical RHEL 6 stuff depends on python 2.6.6.  If you remove that
you're looking for trouble.

While you can, with some fiddling around, install python 2.7 along with python
2.6.6, you will find life becomes a lot more difficult afterward.  In short, the
best solution is "don't do that".