[scribus] reading pub and idd files

ale rimoldi ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Tue Apr 16 06:53:33 UTC 2013

hi

> I have InDesign cs 4, is to old for this ?
> I don't know what files I need to create to be good for investigate,
> but I think somebody explain me this. May be is important, my
> InDesign is on MacG4 PowerPC.

during the discussion with the r-e team, the idea was to take the
latest version, and then -- if needed -- make variants for older
versions.

personally, i think that if scribus should ever have a indesign
importer, it should be first for the latest version.

those are the files that are really needed for exchanging files with
other people and this is what people will expect us to be able to read.

all the rest, is interesting for migrating users to scribus... but this
is another matter.

ciao
a.l.e