[scribus] reading pub and idd files

Alexandre Prokoudine alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 10:25:56 UTC 2013

On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 9:40 AM, "Christoph Schäfer"  wrote:

> All of the above would deserve import/export libraries.

Let me clarify one thing.

In case of LibreOffice, reverse engineering for a 3rd party software
project works best when there is:

1) at least one person who systematically generates files to look into
and provides consulting to r-e team (ale covered that);
2) at least one person to study the file format (it's what
re-lab+LIbreOffice joint team currently does);
3) at least one developer (again, re-lab+LIbreOffice);
4) at least one developer from that 3rd party project to write
integration code for LibreOffice's libraries.

Personally, I think that the way things are going is far from
perfection. So far Fridrich already wrote integration code for both
Inkscape (libcdr) and Scribus (libmspub). Inkscape's team then
integrated LO's work on libvisio, so I really, really hope that
Scribus team will act likewise: (wo)man up and make it a joint effort
:)

P.S. Master branch at git://git.scribus.net/scribus.git has latest
changes from Jan 7 14:38:32 2013 +0000. I did do 'pull --rebase'.

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org