[scribus] Scripter: slow createCharStyle() and createParagraphStyle()

Owen rcook at pcug.org.au
Tue Apr 9 22:27:16 UTC 2013

On Tue, 09 Apr 2013 11:40:36 +0200
Stefano Danzi <s.danzi at hawai.it> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm running on scribus 1.4.2 (win32) a script to create 40 char
> styles and 40 paragraph styles.
>
> The function called are createCharStyle() and createParagraphStyle().
>
> With the first styles created these functions are fast (5 seconds for
> each call),
>
> as styles increase funtionsslows down. To complete all styles Scribus
> take one hour and
>
> use steadily 45/50% of cpu.
>
> Is this normal?

It is if your program is written to do that.

Maybe you could post the script for more eyes to debug, but generally,
this case will occur when "calls" aren't completed and another started.
Just fills up one of your quotas.

Then again, the fault could be in the underlying createCharStyle or
createParagraphStyle code in which case it needs to reported as a bug.

--
Owen