[scribus] Testing epub format for a.l.e.

ale rimoldi ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Fri Sep 21 19:45:41 UTC 2012

hi mary,

> I posted on the forum but am taking your suggestion to post here as
> well.
>
> Yes I would be happy to be your guinea pig!  I would really like to
> test your epub.  I think it would be so much easier to do all my
> desktop publishing in Scribus rather than switching to another
> program.
>
> How do I get your git repositiories? BTW great program.

sorry for the late answer.

some more information about the epub exporter.

the epub exporter won't allow you to design epub files.

it takes your SLA file (the scribus file) and exports all the content
-- text with paragraph style, character styles, and some of the local
formatting; images -- and packs it in a well formatted epub file.

you will then be able to open the epub file with sigil (or any other
epub editor) and tweak it to your needs.

since the new plugin is not yet in the main scribus code, the easiest
way to try it is by compiling it under linux.
the second easiest alternative is to use a package (PPA) for ubuntu: i
will have to create it for you (but it's on my todo list...)

now, the question is: how computer savy are you? and do you have a
computer with ubuntu on it ad hand?

another way to do it, is that you "send" me your scribus project
(collected for output) and i prepare an .epub file for you.

now, how to proceed?

ciao
a.l.e