[scribus] Scribus script convert from eps to svg

ale rimoldi ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Thu Sep 20 15:58:28 UTC 2012

hi hovi

> is it possible to make python script that would convert eps files to
> svg?
>
> I found openDoc method, that successfully opens document in gui, but
> I haven't found method, that would save it to svg. I found some
> methods that save document, but I guess it is in scrubus format.
>

> So basically general question is how to save a document in custom
> format by script?

for the archives:

as discussed on irc, it may be possible to do it with scribus but it's
probably not the best tool for it.

you should look at tools like

- sk1 / uniconvertor,
- ghostscript,
- cairo
- ... and eventually inkscape.

pygmee pointed to the following "command":
http://notjustlinux.blogspot.fr/2009/05/eps-to-svg.html

good luck!
a.l.e