[scribus] Free conversion of cover files to PDF X/1-a:2001

john Culleton John at wexfordpress.com
Fri Sep 14 21:18:05 UTC 2012

Scribus 1.4.x won't produce an output in PDF X/1-a:2001 format as
required for covers by LSI and some other printers. Scribus 1.5.0
will, but is probably about six months away from stability as
1.6.0. This doesn't bother me because I use Linux and keep up
with the latest 1.5.0 nightly. But not everyone is so lucky. So
for those who use Windows or OS X or just don't want to bother
with installing 1.5.0 I offer the following free service.

If you will send me your (collected) sla file I will load it into 1.5.0,
generate a PDF X/1-a:2001 file, and return it to you. Send it
to:
sales at wexfordpress.com
with the Subject of:
conversion

I will of course respect your copyright and confidentiality.

IMPORTANT:  You must "collect" the document into a new folder first, or
I won't have your fonts and external artwork available to me. When you
collect it that process will create a special folder just for this
save. Included in this folder will be subfolders. You need to zip or
gzip the entire new folder and attach that to your email. If you
collected the document into a new folder named "collect" then the
correct command is:
zip -r foo.zip collect

You send me foo.zip

-- John Culleton