[scribus] PDF export - Use color profile option?

Staffan Melin (Oscillator) staffan.melin at oscillator.se
Sun Oct 28 20:12:20 UTC 2012

Hi!

When exporting a printer-ready PDF the Save as PDF/Color tab has the
option "Use Color Profile" (with hover help box: "Embed a color
profile for images"). What does this do?

When not selected, my final PDF increases drastically in size (+50%).
When selected, my images are not converted to CMYK (although my Output
intended for is "Printer"). Is this a PDF X-3 option?

(I'm exporting to Acrobat 6/PDF 1.4. Running Scribus 1.4 on Ubuntu 12.04.)

Thanks!

Staffan
SWEDEN

--