[scribus] Text flow around frame

Peter Nermander peter at nermander.se
Tue Oct 23 12:23:29 UTC 2012

> Text flow is applied to the image frame, which should be on a level or
> layer above the text frames.

And, which beginners often misunderstand: Layer and level are two
different things in Scribus.

Items on the same layer are always in a certain order, from top to
bottom. That order is the "level". The properties palette have buttons
to Raise, Lower, Raise to top and Lower to bottom, and those functions
are also in the Item menu as well as when right-clicking an object.

So there is no need to use layers to get a flow around an image frame,
using separate layers for such a task will most likely complicate


More information about the scribus mailing list