[scribus] Script support not showing up in 1.5.0.svn build?

Mark Heieis mheieis at alois.ca
Wed Nov 28 16:24:36 UTC 2012

On 2012-11-28 06:03, Gregory Pittman wrote:
> On 11/28/2012 04:59 AM, ale rimoldi wrote:
>> hi mark
>>
>>> Experimenting with the latest build, yesterday, I found that the
>>> script support didn't show up in the menu. The compile was clean and
>>> all the script src modules seem to be present. However, it appears
>>> that script obj files where not made. I've searched for info but
>>> couldn't find any helpful hints. Is there a compile option for it or
>>> is something else going on?
>>>
>>> Building on Fedora 17, KDE, Qt4 and have all required dev libs
>>> including python.x86_64 and python-devel.x86_64 (2.7.3-7.2.fc17)
>>> installed.
>> there should be no option to enable.
>>
>> one question: which version of python do you have?
>> not sure that scribus already can use python 3.x ... but i've seen a
>> patch in the bug tracker going in that direction...
>>
> Your python version looks Ok. When you ran cmake, was Python found?
> (Should say 'Python LIBRARY Found OK')

Yes, cmake found and reported python as found.

Also,
1) it found poppler (1.8.4 - current fedora 17 release level) but its
version was rejected. Cmake wanted 1.9. Shouldn't have any affect on
scripter?

2) cmake reported that it was "--Building with Scripter 1", yet, there
is no menu item for script for the build.

> Where are you installing Scribus? I put the svn versions in my home
> directory by adding:
>
> -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX:PATH=/home/gregp/scribus140svn
>
> which makes sure you don't have permissions issues with make install,
> and allows you to easily look to see that scripter is there under plugins.
It's installed to a local directory