[scribus] Text gone from story editor

john Culleton John at wexfordpress.com
Mon Nov 19 20:56:25 UTC 2012

On Mon, 19 Nov 2012 21:28:20 +0000 (GMT)
Dismore Marilyn <marsupialmouse1 at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> When I select edit text, the story editor box comes up blank, even
> though you can see the text on the page of the document. It happened
> when I accidentally let the mouse slip over the edge of the desk I
> had my laptop on - the contents of the box shot off the screen and I
> haven't been able to get them back, hence unable to edit the text.
> Help!!!
> http://forums.scribus.net

1. Highlight the text and save to to clipboard. Then paste it
into the story editor.

2. Save the Scribus (sla) file under a different name. Then load
that file in another session of Scribus. Maybe the text will still
be visible in the story editor.

3. Export the document as a pdf. Then call up that pdf in acrobat
reader. Save the pdf file as text from acrobat reader. Then
edit that text in Vim or a similar text editor and delete
extraneous material. Import the revised version into your new
Scribus file. Or you can simply highlight the text in acrobat
reader and paste it into the story editor.
--
John Culleton
Wexford Press