[scribus] X-3 Output Intent.

john Culleton John at wexfordpress.com
Mon Nov 19 17:02:52 UTC 2012

On Mon, 19 Nov 2012 12:35:03 -0500
Mary Moore <tennesseelady21 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi John,
>
> I have published a novel using LSI and I sent then a regular PDF
> file.  My book is in black and white but there were no problems.
>
> Mary
>
> On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 11:13 AM, john Culleton
> <John at wexfordpress.com>wrote:
>
> > When using PDF X-3 I find that I must first select "screen-web" for
> > the output rather than printer. Otherwise the X-3 choice won't show.
> >
> > Now what profile should I select for "X-3 Output intent? I want to
> > select Adobe RGB but that isn't one of the choices for this
> > particular box. Should I select a CMYK profile? My printer is LSI.

I refer to the cover file which is in color. Previously I sent PDF
X/1-a:2001 CMYK files from Scribus 1.5.0. But now they will accept X-3
and RGB format cover files. I will be using the Adobe RGB icc
profile for the actual cover. But the "X-3 Rendering Intent" field
won't accept any of the RGB icc profiles.

This question does not arise for the B/W  interior, only for the
color cover of the same book.

--
John Culleton
Wexford Press