[scribus] Light text on dark background (overprinting or knockout)

john Culleton John at wexfordpress.com
Fri Nov 2 19:15:42 UTC 2012

On Fri, 02 Nov 2012 19:56:13 +0100
Clemens John <clemens-john at gmx.de> wrote:

> Am 02.11.2012 19:47, schrieb john Culleton:
> > I always put print in a separate layer from the background. that
> > works for me without difficulty.
>
> Hi John,
>
> so I create a color box, fill it with black and set the print option
> to overprint (thats default I think).
>
> Then I create a text box, color the text in orange, move it over the
> black color box and set the print option to knock out (thats not
> default).
>
> Is this what you do to solve the problem? Thats what I have done to
> solve the problem too, but I´m not shure if this will work because I
> have never done it before. Till now I always used the simple standard
> options.
>
> Regards
> Clemens

After creating the background I create a layer, activate that
layer and add the text box to that layer. There is a layer
dialog that allows you to add a layer to your current page.
Please see the documentation on layers. In the official manual it
is on page 227. You really need the official manual, even though
it is old, when you are starting out.
--
John Culleton
Wexford Press