[scribus] Justification and Tab

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Wed May 30 01:53:17 UTC 2012

On 05/29/2012 03:27 PM, Jean-Luc Waber wrote:
> I try to have justified text like this:
>
> First Group <TAB> with a corresponding paragraph, justified.
> Next Group <TAB> next justified paragraph.
> etc.
>
> The Tab positions are not vertically aligned if I choose "justified"
> text. I would like the left side not to be justified, only the right
> "paragraphs". Do I have to insert a new frame with two columns for each
> separate group? (I have about 1000 of this groups.)
>
> I remember reading something on this list but didn't find the thread.
> I use 1.4.0 on Windows XP.
> Thanks for help

I tried this, and yes you are right. It seems full justification
modifies the tab end-point (this may be a bug, since it doesn't seem it
should do that). What's worse is that it's variable, so there is no way
to compensate for it.

You might consider two separate frames, but maybe this is what you are
suggesting. It would give you the most control, but for 1000 groups
maybe a bit tedious - it might work best to do all your right hand frame
paragraphs first, then the left frame, so you can manage page breaks.
Make sure you use Align to Baseline Grid to line up the text in the two
frames.

Greg