[scribus] Importing text into text frames with columns

Frank Cox melville.theatre at gmail.com
Mon May 28 22:06:27 UTC 2012

We have found what appears to be a regression in importing text into multiple
text frames with columns.

We have a newspaper layout which has a four-columns-across layout that extends
through between thirty and forty pages.  So we have one large text box on each
page, each with four columns, and each one linked to the previous page and the

With Scribus 1.3.5 we could import an ODT file into a 34 page paper in about one
minute.  With Scribus 1.4.1 it takes about ten minutes to import the ODT file
into a 28 page layout, and a 34 page layout never seems to finish.

Since this worked fine with Scribus 1.3.5, it appears that a bug has crept into
the newer version.  What should I do to help with getting this issue diagnosed
and fixed?