[scribus] The World Naked Bike Ride book wants to thank the Scribus team!

Richard Foley richard.foley at rfi.net
Sun May 27 15:38:31 UTC 2012

Hi Johan,

Yes, thanks for correcting the publishing link...

Regarding PDF/X1-a:2001, I tried to meet the LSI requirements, (as recommended
here on the scribus list), by building a local copy from fresh svn code, and
exporting from Scribus 1.5.1 directly to PDF/X1-a. The export appeared to be
successful. However, every single time I tried to submit this file, and
subsequent files, to LSI, they insisted the file was "not PDF/X1-a:2001
compliant".

It's *possible* that this was because of the colour images, or the size of the
file, or for some other reason, but I'm just guessing. The file itself was not
especially complex, although it did include 160 pages and 250 photographs. In
the end, in every case, the export was successful, but the file submission was
not. I would much rather use Scribus directly for the PDF/X1-a export, but it
simply was not accepted by LSI.

The only way I was able to get a "compliant PDF/X1-a" to LSI, was to download
the trial version of Acrobat 10 on a borrowed windoze laptop, and export the
Scribus generated PDF first into postscript and then to use Distiller to get
back to PDF/X1-a:2001.

--
Ciao

Richard Foley