[scribus] insert polygon fails

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Sun May 20 22:50:21 UTC 2012

On 05/20/2012 06:42 PM, klaus garen wrote:
> Am 21.05.2012 00:31, schrieb Gregory Pittman:
>> On 05/20/2012 03:58 PM, klaus garen wrote:
>>> hello,
>>>
>>> i am using scribus 1.4.1 on an ubuntu (precise) machine.
>>>
>>> unfortunately i can not insert a polygon.
>>>
>>> the dialog seems to be ok, but after i clicked OK nothing happens
>>>
>>> "insert textframe", "insert imageframe", "insert line", "insert shape",
>>> ... - they work
>>>

>>> is it a bug?
>>>
>>> what can I do?
>>>
>> I guess maybe no one does that way, so who knows how long it's been
>> broken...
>>
>> You can still use the Polygon tool on the toolbar
> it is the same - the dialog pops up but after that it does not work

not exactly. On the toolbar there are 2 functions. There is the main
icon to be able to create a polygon (ie, activate the mouse), and the
other to set propeties. When you set properties from the toolbar, you
have to go back and click the icon (if you have changed the number of
sides its shape should change on the toolbar) to activate the mouse (or
press P)

I've just checked this out in 1.4.1, 1.4.2svn and the toolbar is working Ok.

Greg