[scribus] PC and MAC compatibility when sharing files - 1.4.0

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Tue May 15 19:18:53 UTC 2012

On 05/15/2012 02:58 PM, Craig Bradney wrote:
> On 5/15/12 8:54 PM, Lisa Charles wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Someone in our team is going to start doing pages in their Mac version of
>> Scribus - 1.4.1 - and then send the Scribus file to me once complete. I'm on
>> a PC and would then want to insert the pages into my PC Scribus file to
>> complete the magazine issue. Will this work? Also, I'm on 1.4.0 on PC and
>> she is on 1.4.1 on Mac, so I assume I will have to upgrade?
>>

> You should ensure you are using the same versions, yes. Otherwise, it should work.

If you are using images in your work, these are not inside the .sla
file. For something like that, use File > Collect for Output, which
creates a directory containing everything used for the document, and
make sure you consider any differences in the fonts available on these
two systems. Collect for Output can also save the needed font files.

Greg