[scribus] newbie question: images not shown in pdf file to be edited

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Tue Mar 27 16:15:30 UTC 2012

On 03/27/2012 09:55 AM, Southern Hemisphere wrote:

>> You could try it with inkscape, might give you more luck depending on what
>> you have to do. If you just have to add text, it could work. Editing text
>> might be a bigger problem.
>>
>> Yes tried inkscape, however encountered a similar problem as in Scribus -
>   labels were showing but images were missing.
>
> All I want to do is: add few lines of text onto the pdf page. The text
> spans +5 lines and part of text needs to bold and italic. So to be precise,
> there is no editing but appending new text to existing pdf pages.

I think a good plan might be to import into inkscape or gimp, then
export from there to PNG (and maybe a BIG one, depending on the quality
you need), then putting that in an image frame in Scribus.

The main reason is that you will have much better, finer-grained control
over the text you want to add with Scribus.

Greg