[scribus] newbie question: images not shown in pdf file to be edited

Southern Hemisphere southern.hemisphere.00 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 09:38:12 UTC 2012

Hello,

This is my first time using Scribus to add some text to an existing pdf
file. The pdf file to be edited consists of images and labels added on, and
I need to add further text onto the images.

Problem:
When I open the pdf file in Scribus I don't see the images but only the
labels. Hope this make sense.

I can open the pdf file in pdfedit program and all is good (can see the
images and label) but not in Scribus?

Do you have any recommendations to what the problem may be. I'm running
Scribus on Fedora 16 and also Windows 7. Encountered the same problem on
both operating systems.

Regards,
Nermin