[scribus] Possible to use SQLite, Python and Scribus Scripting Together?

Marc Telesha mtelesha at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 17:39:25 UTC 2012

Hello,

I work at a fairly large Head Start company. (3-5 year old pre-school) We
need to make "Control Charts." These control charts are half sheets with a
pictures and English and Spanish text bellow. It is such a hassle to find
what you need and get it printed out. I would like a way to make a Database
with the URL for the pictures, and the text boxes and then use Scribus to
print out the charts. Could be 1 chart or 150 charts at a time.

Can I query a CSV file and then have a Python script parse the CSV and
import that information into Scribus (Template) and then have the charts
published as PDF and then print them? If I can get this to work I will save
or 42 classrooms hours of work every year. Thoughts or ideas of making this
possible? Is there a better solution (Preferably Open Source)?