[scribus] playing with your svn

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Fri Mar 23 00:45:42 UTC 2012

I have customized my own 1.4.1svn by adding a couple of Scripter commands:

http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/CopyObject%28%29_and_pasteObject%28%29

This was a minor task of taking the existing duplicateObject() command
and splitting into separate functions. This allows you to write scripts
like the two examples on the wiki page to copy a selected object to a
number of other pages.

If you go to the wiki page, you can find instructions for downloading
the needed svn edits from the feature request I submitted. You can also
download the scripts, paste2all.py and paste2pagelist.py that are shown
on the wiki page.

Note that you will modify your svn files to do this, and then need to
rebuild Scribus to make use of the commands and scripts.

Greg