[scribus] Logo: Import an Inkscape svg or a plain svgintoScribus?

john Culleton John at wexfordpress.com
Mon Mar 12 13:43:21 UTC 2012

On Mon, 12 Mar 2012 14:10:38 +0100
"PeterS" <for001 at t-online.de> wrote:

> Thanks again, a.l.e !
>
> >> Does a.l.e's answer hold true for this saving process, too, i. e.,
> >> will it be best
> >> to save the logo in Inkscape as plain svg, before doing the png
> >> export? Or is the svg specification irrelevant in that particular
> >> case?
> >
> > don't go through plain svg in this second case.
> >
> > ciao
> > a.l.e
The Inkscape version of SVG is the one that will allow further
modifications in Inkscape. The plain version of SVG is the one
that is more portable to other apps like Scribus. So I would save the
logo as Inkscape SVG for future reference, and then save it as
plain svg for use in Scribus, or web pages etc.

I prefer plain SVG to a bitmap like png. The bitmap may take up
more space and is not as reliable if you want to enlarge it.

--
John Culleton
Free list of books for self-publishers: