[scribus] Justification (mainly)

Sveinn í Felli sveinki at nett.is
Wed Mar 7 11:17:59 UTC 2012

Þann mán  5.mar 2012 10:18, skrifaði Thor Ewing:

---------

-------
>> Greg
>
> Hi Greg
>
> I've been working with a document which was prepared in Word
> 2003. I'm now working with Word 2007.
> When I get text from Word formats (DOC or DOCX) it loses all
> formatting, so I tried saving it as an HTML file. It keeps
> the italics nicely, but loses occasional white spaces
> between words. I've looked at the source code and can't see
> anything odd about the lost spaces.
> I've also tried saving the document as an Open Office file
> from Word 2007 (I haven't tried installing Open Office) but
> it still comes up without formatting.

Hi Thor,

If installing LibreOffice/OpenOffice.org does not appeal to
you, there is an ODF-converter for MSOffice:
<http://odf-converter.sourceforge.net/>

I used to install/use it some time ago, but don't know how
stable it is for recent versions of MSO or ODF. Normally
Scribus imports quite well from ODF, especially if one uses
styles in the document.

If you try the ODF-converter way, please let us know whether
the results are acceptable.

Best regards,
Sveinn í Felli