[scribus] Some thoughts from a daily user

Jean Mielot j.mielot at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 09:24:25 UTC 2012

I would have to take issue with that Cedric.

As a long time Indesign User (and a fairly proficient one at that If I can
say so myself), I would honestly say that the price is completely
unjustified.I firmly believe ANYTHING is doable in Scribus - sometimes with
a little bit of faking and workaround - but it's all there and I
think you'll find yourself quite dissapointed in what you get when you fork
out all that cash for Indesign.

Make no mistake Indesign is great, but I feel very proud about using
Scribus and what I lose in the process is not even worth mentioning.

And what I gain from using Scribus seems to be quite a few things - python
scripting, open file format, unprecedented support and being part of a
brilliant project that's going places.

In my first issue made with Scribus I had a few concerns, the scibus team
immediately offered help and even possible patches to the problems - try
that with Adobe in their ivory towers.

I'm with Scribus all the way and don't miss Indesign at all....now
photoshop/gimp - ok I might agree with you somewhat there, but again, I
choose to support open source and still refuse to compromise on design -
and you know what, so far I have not had too.

Anyways - just my 2 cents on this one.