[scribus] Some thoughts from a daily user

K.King k.king177 at ntlworld.com
Sun Mar 4 10:22:13 UTC 2012

<<
 From what I understand it is because Scribus places the text glyph by
glyph on the page. I guess other programs place the text line by line,
which means the PDF will contain fewer "cursor placement commands".

So, it is not a matter of Scribus not compressing images, it is a
matter of Scribus being "better" on exact placing of glyphs.

So that is needed for "proper" publisher printing?
Could/Should a Web optimised PDF output option not do it differently?
As ever different users will have different needs and insert debate on
who Scribus should service here.

K.