[scribus] Some thoughts from a daily user

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Sat Mar 3 14:33:20 UTC 2012

hi j

nice feedback mail!

i hope some of the issues (or all :-) you raise will be solved.
there is one of my "preferred" issues among them...

just one comment:

> 5. Colour picking without having to save or name the colour.
>
> Often I want text to match a clour scheme in a picture - picking the
> colour of course works, but I don't think it's
> really neccesarry to always save a picked colour in the pallette if
> it's only being used one. Indesign is a good example
> of how a temporary colour can be applied.

well, i see why it could be interesting for a magazine, put not really
a good workflow for most of the other use cases...

would be helpful if scribus would propose a default name and you only
would have to click on ok without having to figure out a name?
somehow, scribus could even try to roughly figure out how the color
should be named ("dark red #001 (automatic)" and/or hide automatically
created colors (until you tell scribus to show them).

what's your thoughts about this?

could you describe the solution you would like to see implemented?

ciao
a.l.e