[scribus] Cover Mathematics

john Culleton John at wexfordpress.com
Fri Mar 2 16:12:54 UTC 2012

On Fri, 02 Mar 2012 09:25:50 -0500
wena-parry at talktalk.net wrote:

> The problem above named has been solved. The template form LS had a
> document size on it that was ridiculously large, at 17x12 inches for
> this book at is only an A5. However, the fact that I wanted a white
> background into the bleed was also a problem for them to distinguish
> where the bleed started and finished.
>
> A FLOATING  RULER within Scribus would be useful to measure graphic
> frames for input into a page. And in this instant I could have
> measured the template. Is there one????
>
> My Tiff file was 250 mega??
>
> Wena
One more time, I suggest you don't use the LSI template except as a reference.
Instead, prepare your cover file at its correct size. I wrote and
offer for use a calculation program specifically for Scribus. It
is available here:
http://wexfordpress.net/template.html
You need to know the interior page size, the number of pages, the
pages per inch, and a factor for the cover thickness (for LSI
.0123 in).

If you prepare the tiff file at correct size and NOT on the LSI
template LSI will process it without trouble. Your white bleed
area problem goes away.
--
John Culleton
Free list of books for self-publishers: