[scribus] scribus Digest, Vol 51, Issue 50

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Sat Jun 30 19:53:24 UTC 2012

On 06/30/2012 12:03 PM, ale rimoldi wrote:
> imo, mailman is not the most friendly software around... but is mostly
> the only alternative for managing mailing lists.

I remember, about fifteen years ago or so, being unhappy with the way
majordomo insisted on sending you a copy of every post you made to the
list.  Being that most of the world was still on dial up, I regarded
that as an egregious waste of bandwidth.  (Even though I'm on ADSL now,
I still do.)  I spend a little time researching listserv, and found that
unless you were willing to accept some tight restrictions on such things
as number of members, it was outrageously expensive.  Of course, it's
probably the most flexible, configurable mailing list software there is,
but, to reverse an old expression, you pay for what you get.