[scribus] Tagging CHARACTER text for styles.

Richard Foley rich.inud at naktiv.net
Fri Jun 29 13:23:16 UTC 2012

> You also have the option of the story editor. Highlight a string
> of text and then adjust ot italics, bold etc. on the fields and
> icons above the text area.

I *really* don't want to have to use a mouse on my text when I import it from
multiple chapters, multiple times.

> It would probably make sense to adopt a subset of the TeX tags
> (not LaTeX). Then the string of text to be modified could be
> enclosed in {} brackets. There is no need to reinvent the wheel.

Sounds good to me. I was just trying to get the discussion up in the air :-)

> In TeX fully nested tags are OK.

I would expect that with any sensible solution. But, again, if it's easier and
quicker to implement it robustly without the nesting, that's still a winner for
me. Just because importing character styles of nearly ANY kind would be useful
to me.

--
Ciao

Richard Foley