[scribus] When we open an SLA file, all the image frames are empty. How come the images don't show?

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Sat Jun 23 02:21:53 UTC 2012

On 06/22/2012 10:01 PM, scribus39.amabel at xoxy.net wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We're new users of Scribus.
>
> We've created a Scribus file (SLA file) with some image frames.
> The image frames contain PNG files from my hard drive.
>
> When we close the SLA file and open in the next hour, the image
> frames have a big red X in them, and don't have the images. What
> are we doing wrong?
>
> Also, if we want to send the SLA file to someone else, how can the
> recipient see the images?

SLA files do not contain the images, only links to the image files.
Therefore, if you move the SLA file, its relationship to the images
may change.

For sharing everything, and moving them about, use File > Collect for
Output, which will create a directory, which contains your SLA, the
images, and if you wish, necessary font files (which might be needed
by someone else you share the file with).

Greg