[scribus] Table cell styling of borders

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Fri Jun 22 16:50:02 UTC 2012

On 06/22/2012 10:56 AM, Aleksander Kujbida wrote:
> To have lines for a table cell at top and bottom only, I
> successfully double-click into the cell, then the 'top left right
> bottom' checkboxes appear in the Line tab of Properties, and I
> select the lines I want.
>
> My table has two columns and fourteen rows, and I have several such
> tables, will be painful to it do this way.
>
> To apply en masse, I tried ungroup the table and immediately
> regroup, but then the checkboxes won't appear.
>
> I also tried to create a table from text boxes by grouping, but
> there seems to be some 'magic' missing that makes a group of boxes
> into a table, because the checkboxes won't appear.
>
> I considered using just text boxes and manually stacking them into
> a table, but these do not have options for applying lines to top
> and bottom only.
>
> Any suggestions for mass application of top and bottom to all cells
> of a table? Is this a script candidate?
>
> Scribus 1.3.3.13.dfsg~svn20081228-2ubuntu2.

It's a great script candidate if we had Scripter commands to do this.
Aside from the snail-like pace of implementing Scripter2, the new
tables function is still only in 1.5.0svn, and I think it makes little
sense to implement table Scripter commands for 1.4.x and older.

Greg

PS: You have GOT to upgrade your Scribus from that ancient version.