[scribus] color wheel or color circle plug in?

ale rimoldi ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Thu Jun 21 07:05:03 UTC 2012

hi greg

> On 06/20/2012 09:39 AM, Gregory Pittman wrote:
> > On 06/20/2012 09:30 AM, ale rimoldi wrote:
> >> hi craig,

> >> i wanted to tell neville to go and look in the scribus help how
> >> to create a color, but i noticed that there is no way (to
> >> easily) find such a section.
> >>
> >> i think that we need a simple "new color" page that tells the
> >> user how to create and apply new colors for frames and text.
> >>
> >> it should be easier to find than the help pages on importing
> >> color palettes or color management.
> >>

> > noted --- I'll work on it.
> >
> I've added a new manual page to 1.4.2svn under Solid Colors: Adding
> and Editing Colors.
>
> Let me know about errors and omissions.

nice work.

i'm just a bit concerned about the order of the sections.

- i would first explain how to create one single color (this is what
  most bother the people looking for help) and i wouldn't call it
  "manual methods" but "editing colors" (or something similar).

- then how to use the color picker

- how to import colors from other .sla

- how colors from vector files are imported

- and finally how to choose a different color set.

"managing colors" should come after "adding and editing colors" or even
be a part of the "how to choose a different color set" in "adding and
editing colors"

"the color wheel" should come just after "adding and editing colors"

and all the color sets information should be under a new "solid colors
> color sets" section coming after the color wheel (or, even better,
remove most of the information in the "color sets" pages and summarize
them in a single "color sets" page: i have the feeling that those pages
contain lot of content that should be in wikipedia but not in the help
files of scribus!)

from my experience in supporting users, this is the order people seem
to need the information...

ciao
a.l.e