[scribus] a new ebook

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Tue Jun 19 01:57:16 UTC 2012

On 06/18/2012 11:05 AM, a.l.e wrote:
> hi

>>> Hint taken ;)
>>>
>>> http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=10759
>>>
>> This is something you can set in Preferences. Go to Tools, the image
>> frame settings, where you can lock the H/V relationship for any image
>> frames you create, as the initial setting.
>>

> i guess that this should be the default... are you ready greg for your
> second patch? :-)

I have spent quite some time looking at the behavior in Scribus 1.4.x
and 1.5.0, and also the code that has to do with the prefsmanager.

My conclusion is that there doesn't seem to be any actual setting for
this. Both Preferences and Document Settings give the illusion that
there is, since there is a little lock widget there.
What you find, though is that it doesn't really have any effect, and
isn't saved as a setting either, so it really seems to be a waste of
time to even set it.
I suppose that what happened was that it never got connected to anything
in the code.

Greg