[scribus] Spell Checker??

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Mon Jun 18 09:29:01 UTC 2012

hi
> I have noticed mention of the Scribus Spell Checker for 1.3.9 coming
> up again on this Forum. (Maybe only working in the Text Editor but
> that's OK). But when I try to use it, (select frame and press F7), I
> just get a box saying "Spell Check complete" and nothing else even
> when there _ARE_ errors in the spelling.
>
> I have asked about this before - so can we settle this once and for
> all please.
>
> _IS_ there a Spell Checker for Scribus 1.3.9, and _HOW_ do you get it
> working?

1.3.9 is an "old" development version.

you should probably update to 1.4.1 first.
one thing is for sure: until you stick with 1.3.9, you won't get any
further improvements :-)

depending on your OS, you may need the latest patches committed by craig
and have to wait for 1.4.2 to be released to have the spelling check
working!

depending on your skills and time at your disposal, you may want to
download the current code in svn, compile it, test it to provide
feedback on it.
this will help us making it work for you!

have a nice day
a.l.e