[scribus] solid black with LSI/PDFX/Scribus and full colour interiors

Richard Foley rich.inud at naktiv.net
Wed Jun 13 20:33:05 UTC 2012

Hi John,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm not sure we're talking about quite the same thing. This is probably because
I haven't explained myself properly.  I am not trying to set up a "rich black"
spot colour which I can use for type or for black boxes, or something like
that. I'm trying to increase the visual contrast of slightly "knocked back"
photographs, by increasing the depth of black in the photograph, when printed.

It's possible I can't actually get any more black than I've already got from
LSI. The glossy cover, for instance, looks just fine. However the inside pages
look a little "soft". It's might be partly because of the printing on to matt
paper, but not being a media guru, I'm not entirely certain...

So, just to clarify, I'm trying to increase the contrast of the images, and
think this might be done by making the black, wherever black appears in a
photograph, a bit denser. Does this make sense, and are we talking about the
same thing here?

--
Ciao

Richard Foley