[scribus] a new ebook

Rogier F. van Vlissingen vliscony at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 02:21:08 UTC 2012

Well, we could also use a hammer to drive screws...

The purpose of Scribus is to do layout for print, and the requirements are
completely antithetical to e-book production.

E-books are NOT converted print books or vice versa. Some books may exist
effectively in both formats, but other books can only be effectively
produced in one or the other. The two are different media, granted with a
wide area of overlap, but with TOTALLY different design requirements.

Just look at all the lousy e-books that are out there converted from print
by some automated process, and they are horrible to look at, and irritating
to read.