[scribus] a new ebook

Peter Nermander peter at nermander.se
Tue Jun 12 07:23:54 UTC 2012

>> So, once again, why should Scribus be the "hub"? Wouldn't it be better
>> with a SLA export from Libre Office Writer or Calibre? Or a SlaTex?

> Please read my other reply :)

It didn't answer the question.

I am convinced that using some kind of export function from Scribus
will generate MORE additional work than going back to where the
content was created before imported into Scribus.

I don't think anyone writes a full publication directly in Scribus, so
the content is already available outside Scribus, and most likely in a
format that is better suited for conversion to an ebook than an export
from Scribus will ever be. I think that even copy-paste from Scribus
text frames to a text file or ebook editing software would be a better
solution that to try to get a usable export from Scribus.

/Peter