[scribus] a new ebook

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Sun Jun 10 21:00:34 UTC 2012

hi wena

> There was a thread on a similar subject some 2 months ago on this
> forum. Some one suggested that there was some suggestion of a
> development towards producing e books from Scribus.
>
> I had hoped that this was the answer, but I will be patient, Is there
> any development in that filed

yep, i'm working on it.

but it's not exactly about producing epubs with scribus, but about
exporting the content from scribus in a way that it's easy to produce
an ebook.

you will get an epub, but at least in the first version, you won't have
much control on how it looks like.

so, for now, scribus is not becoming an epub editor, but -- at least --
you won't have to duplicate your work, when you want to do an epub on
top of a pdf for print!

the code is publicly available and working, but there are not enough
features implemented to really make it worth to be tested.

have a nice evening
a.l.e