[scribus] a new ebook

Johan Vromans jvromans at squirrel.nl
Sat Jun 9 14:19:30 UTC 2012

"Owen" <rcook at pcug.org.au> writes:

> Unfortunately I have come to the conclusion that the epub format is
> not mature. Different readers have their own interpretation of the
> epub format(s).

It has little to do with the maturity of the epub format.

Most epub readers, hardware and software, implement only a part of the
necessary style sheet support. On top of that, all of them have most
peculiar ways to override some of the style settings to make it possible
to read a book on a different type/kind/size of display than it was
designed for. And the result if often garbage.

Since I hate bad typesetting, I often rework (redesign) an ebook before
I can read it on an ebook reader.

-- Johan