[scribus] a new ebook

Alexandre Prokoudine alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com
Sat Jun 9 13:37:48 UTC 2012

On Sat, Jun 9, 2012 at 5:14 PM, Gregory Pittman wrote:

>> Do you really think that overreacting to my comments is a good
>> strategy? Well, good luck then.
>>

> ...and so the point of your comment is.....?

Let me see, if I can get the message through.

Someone with experience of writing a whole book on Scribus starts
another (highly appreciated) book project that is, once again, related
to desktop publishing. That very same desktop publishing where people
kinda use text styles and care about output.

Another person checks the book on a real ebook reader and runs into a
number of errors which he takes care to report.

The first person then comes up with a public reply, including a
completely out of blue statement about irritation and whatnot.

This is despite of the fact that the ePub document in question, while
being about desktop publishing, has goddamn bloody line breaks for
spacing, a mix of <div> and <p> for body text, and no flowed text on a
number of occasions. And those _basics_ are, again, called "high
standards of publishing".

So yes, what was the point of my comment really? Oh, right.

People who want to learn about desktop publishing expect the guides to
at least conform to the basic principles those very guides promote.

If you are not interested in following your own advices, that defeats
the point of this whole thread and the book itself.

But right now it looks more like you are not willing to listen because
the list of errors comes from me. Good job, Gregory.

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org