[scribus] Collobaration between windows and Ubuntu users?

ale rimoldi ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Tue Jun 5 20:28:34 UTC 2012

hi

> > We have a marketing department which consists of two persons, one
> > using Ubuntu 11.10 and the other using Windows 7. Both use exact the
> > same Scribus versions (1.4.1).
> >
> > We experience differences between Scribus files as they show up on
> > both systems, especially line wrapping. Both computers have the font
> > (Calibri) installed, but on the Windows computer, some lines swrap,
> > where they don't on the Ubuntu computer.
> >
> > I attach example screenshots to this mail.
> >
> > Thanks for any insights/pointers.
>
> looks more like a problem with the line height, than a wrapping
> problem...
>
> should not happen...
>
> could you post to the bug tracker (http://bugs.scribus.net) a .sla
> triggering the problem, the two font files, and two .pdf, one created
> on ubuntu and one created on windows?

it has been posted to the bug tracker as

http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=10734

and jean found out that the problem was related to a difference in the
arial font installed:

"""
The Arial font used are different on Windows and Ubuntu. The Arial font
file is 761kb on Windows, only 270kb on Ubuntu. Ubuntu ship a very old
version of Arial (2.82) whereas Windows 7 ships version 5.10. Copy
Windows Arial font to your Ubuntu installations. *DO NOT* copy the
Ubuntu version to Windows fonts directory.
"""

have a good night
a.l.e