[scribus] The World Naked Bike Ride book wants to thank the Scribus team!

john Culleton John at wexfordpress.com
Sun Jun 3 14:57:30 UTC 2012

On Thu, 31 May 2012 21:52:12 +0200
Richard Foley <rich.inud at naktiv.net> wrote:

> Hi John,
>
> I hate to be pedantic here, but I want to get this straight. You are
> saying that this profile was used by you for a successful full colour
> interior, and also a full colour cover, with LSI from a PDF/X1a-2001
> (two pdfs) created only with Scribus. Or something slightly different?

I am only discussing Scribus here. I use the profile in
conjunction with PDF X/1-a:2001 for full color covers on B/W
interiors. I haven't and probably won't use LSI for a color
interior. The LSI rules for that kind of book are different.
360 Digital Books has better quality and only charges color
rates for the pages that actually have color. The disadvantage
to using 360 is that one has to use Amazon Advantage to get the
Amazon listing. That in turn means raising list price to cover
the 55% discount given AA.

 The alternative to PDF X/1-a for covers on B/W interiors
is to use TIFF,  TIFF makes for big files.

The LSI rules for color interior books are more strict than the
rules for B/W interior books. So that is part of the problem.
For one thing they don't list TIFF as an acceptable alternative.

--
John Culleton
Free list of books for self-publishers: