[scribus] svn installation with ubuntu 12.04

Brunet Pierrick pierrick.brunet at telecom-bretagne.eu
Sat Jul 28 22:08:07 UTC 2012

Le 27/07/2012 17:53, Gregory Pittman a écrit :
> On 07/27/2012 09:09 AM, Brunet Pierrick wrote:
>> 'lo,
>>
>> I used to build scribus 1.5svn with cmake, make, make install but
>> yesterday, I removed my build folder.
>> As usual, I use the line below in the new empty build folder:
>>
>> cmake .. -DCMAKE_PREFIX_DEBUG:PATH=$HOME/scribus/gsoc12ux/install
>> -DWANT_DEBUG=1
>>
>> but I have this answer :
>>
>> -- Found Qt4: /usr/bin/qmake (found suitable version "4.8.1", required
>> is "4.7.0")
>> Qt4 Found OK
>> -- QtWebkit Found OK
>> -- Building without Qt3 Support (GOOD)
>> CMake Error at
>> /usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:91
>> (MESSAGE):
>>    Could NOT find ZLIB (missing: ZLIB_LIBRARY)
>> Call Stack (most recent call first):
>> /usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:252
>> (_FPHSA_FAILURE_MESSAGE)
>>    cmake/modules/FindZLIB.cmake:47 (FIND_PACKAGE_HANDLE_STANDARD_ARGS)
>>    CMakeLists.txt:508 (FIND_PACKAGE)
>>

>> -- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
>>
>> Finally, I use :
>>
>> cmake .. -DCMAKE_PREFIX_DEBUG:PATH=$HOME/scribus/gsoc12ux/install
>> -DWANT_DEBUG=1
>> -DZLIB_LIBRARY_RELEASE:FILEPATH=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libz.so
>> -DPNG_LIBRARY_RELEASE:FILEPATH=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpng.so
>> -DJPEG_LIBRARY_RELEASE:FILEPATH=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libjpeg.so
>> -DTIFF_LIBRARY_RELEASE:FILEPATH=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libtiff.so
>> -DCUPS_LIBRARIES:FILEPATH=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcups.so
>> -DLCMS_LIBRARY_RELEASE:FILEPATH=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/liblcms.so
>>
>> and I have this warning but cmake is done!
>>
>> -- Configuring done
>> CMake Warning at scribus/CMakeLists.txt:1048 (ADD_EXECUTABLE):
>>    Cannot generate a safe linker search path for target scribus because
>> files
>>    in some directories may conflict with libraries in implicit directories:
>>
>>      link library [libfreetype.so] in /usr/lib64 may be hidden by files in:
>>        /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu
>>
>>    Some of these libraries may not be found correctly.
>>

>> -- Generating done
>> CMake Warning:
>>    Manually-specified variables were not used by the project:
>>
>>      CMAKE_PREFIX_DEBUG
>>

>> -- Build files have been written to:
>> /home/pbrunet/scribus/gsoc12ux/Scribus/build
>>
>> Even if the cmake is done, when I use make, I have this error :
>>
>> In file included from
>> /home/pbrunet/scribus/gsoc12ux/Scribus/scribus/scimgdataloader_jpeg.h:18:0,
>>                   from
>> /home/pbrunet/scribus/gsoc12ux/Scribus/scribus/scimage.cpp:18:
>> /usr/include/jpeglib.h:26:62: erreur fatale: jconfig.h : Aucun fichier
>> ou dossier de ce type
>> compilation terminée.
>> make[2]: *** [scribus/CMakeFiles/scribus.dir/scimage.cpp.o] Erreur 1
>> make[2]: *** Attente des tâches non terminées....

> [...]
Thanks greg but I have all needed packages. As I said, it is possible to
compile when an old build folder. I need to specify all libraries
because ubuntu is not able to find them by itself and I really don't
know why. Cezaryece think it is a problem with scribus's cmake modules
and standard cmake module but I don't understand cmake. If there are no
solution, I may look at scribus's cmake and may be fix it if the error
is there but I am not sure about this for now.

thank you,
Pierrick