[scribus] Building Scribus 1.5 for Windows

john Culleton John at wexfordpress.com
Sat Jul 21 14:37:08 UTC 2012

On Fri, 20 Jul 2012 23:23:54 -0400
John Brown <johnbrown105 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> > On 14/07/2012 16:23, John L. Poole wrote:
> >

> > > I've learned that only one developer, Jean Ghali, within this
> > > project does the Windows
> > > build. I have not had any communication with Jean as yet.
> > >

> So if they find Jean floating face down one day, then that's it? No
> more Scribus for Windows? We need to remember Jean in our prayers.
>

> Regards,
> John Brown.

Here is an  extract from the WIKI. It is old but is the best available
info AFAIK:

    Compiling 1.3.5svn on Windows is somewhat easier (than 1.3.3.x) as
all needed components are available on Windows at no cost, noticeably
qt4 and Visual C++ express editions. Msvc projects for msvc 2005 have
also been commited to trunk and are kept up to date. Instructions for
building with CMake + Visual Studio are also provided in trunk.

As of January 2009.

If Jean Ghall passes on to a better life someone else will pick up the
torch. The MSWin and OS X users are essential parts of the
community. Indeed one useful feature (access to the Style Editor
directly from the story editor) was deleted because OS X couldn't handle
it.

--
John Culleton
Free list of books for self-publishers: