[scribus] Font selection

Frank Cox melville.theatre at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 22:30:48 UTC 2012

On Fri, 06 Jul 2012 23:43:02 +0200
Alessandro Levati wrote:

> >> Perhaps you should install it? On fedora it is called "qtconfig-qt4"
> >
> > What rpm does it come in?
> >
> > rpm -q --whatprovides /usr/bin/qtconfig-qt4
>
> it is included in the qt-config package (at least in Fedora 15, I
> suppose it's the same in later versions).

As it turns out, I already have it (and qtconfig) installed.  They were
included in the qt-x11-4.6.2-20.el6.x86_64 rpm.

I ran qtconfig-qt4 and changed the GUI Style under the Appearance tab to a few
different things (it was originally set to "Desktop Settings (Default)" but
that didn't solve the problem.  Any of the drop-down menus that provide various
choices don't have a border or a scroll bar, including both Scribus and the
qtconfig-qt4 program.

See this screenshot for an example of what I get when I select a menu:

http://www.melvilletheatre.com/screenshot-qt-example.png

If the list is long, the menu extends from the top to the bottom of my physical
screen, with a little arrow at the top and the bottom which, if I sit the mouse
pointer on the arrow, makes the list scroll up and down.

But as you can see, the decorations (scroll bar, etc) are missing.  I don't
think it's a configuration issue, but rather an issue of a missing library, or
missing functionality in a library.  The program appears to be trying to use a
qt function that doesn't exist on this computer.  If I could find out what
library provides that function, I suspect that installing it would cause those
menus to look right.