[scribus] PDF Export Issue

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Fri Jul 6 13:21:06 UTC 2012

hi steve,
> Hi,
> I am Steve, the managing editor for GIMP Magazine.  We were planning to build the magazine using open source Scribus, but we ran into an issue.
> ISSUE: Scribus PDF Export leaves a red border outline on every page.
> WORKFLOW:-open scribus 1.4.1 on Windows Vista-New document (accept all defaults)-export PDF (accept all defaults)-open PDF document in Adobe reader 9 (see attached PDF document)
> We need to make decisions on the software we use to make the magazine.  We would obvious love to use Scribus open source software if this issue can be solved.  Kindly let us know as soon as possible.
> ThanksSteve

it's unlikely that the problems comes from an error in scribus...

i do much support for scribus and i've never heard of a red line in the
pdf...

so, there is probably a setting somewhere which is not correctly set...
hard to say what it is exactly...

i've tried to have a look at the pdf you've attached to your email, but
it's empty...

i hope that you will be able to find the solution for this issue!
sharing a test .sla and .pdf might help :-)

ciao
a.l.e