[scribus] Poor hyphenation in french language

Christian Schilmöller Christian.Schilmoeller at gmx.de
Wed Jul 4 14:36:10 UTC 2012

> Is the document using styles? Have you checked the language of the styles if so?

Yes, it is using styles. I didn't know that there is a
language setting inside the style setup.

I changed this setting from german to french in each style,
but it didn't have any effect concerning my hyphenation
problem.

Regarding the file "hyph_fr.dic", I've found out that
a LibreOffice/OpenOffice installation has such a file, too.
But the sizes are different: about 9k in scribus, about 20k
in OO/LO.

Is it possible that the scribus file is just to short to
cover special cases in french?

Regards,

Christian