[scribus] Font selection

Frank Cox melville.theatre at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 17:30:46 UTC 2012

On Tue, 03 Jul 2012 08:31:07 +0000
Sveinn í Felli wrote:

> I'm wondering if there's a (QT)widget set missing in the
> CentOS deployment, and whether that happens also in other
> Fedora/RedHat distros ?

That's a great observation since the font listbox in Scribus is missing its
window decorations.  Since I use a Gnome desktop, there's a good chance that I
simply haven't installed enough of QT for this to work (and a smaller chance
that it's just not packaged for Centos).

Does anyone know what portion of QT is responsible for drawing the decorations
on the font listbox so I have an idea of what to go searching for?

I didn't have this problem with Scribus 1.3.3 on Centos 5, so something has
changed or gone missing between then and now.  However, it appears that I have
more of QT installed on Centos 6 than I had installed on Centos 5.

Centos 5:
t4-4.2.1-1.el5_7.1
qt-designer-3.3.6-25.el5
qt-3.3.6-25.el5
qt-devel-3.3.6-25.el5
avahi-qt3-0.6.16-10.el5_6

Centos 6:
dbus-qt-0.70-7.2.el6.x86_64
qt-devel-4.6.2-20.el6.x86_64
qt-x11-4.6.2-20.el6.x86_64
zlibrary-ui-qt-0.12.10-5.el6.x86_64
qt-4.6.2-20.el6.x86_64
qt-mysql-4.6.2-20.el6.x86_64
qt3-devel-3.3.8b-30.el6.x86_64
qt3-3.3.8b-30.el6.x86_64
qt-sqlite-4.6.2-20.el6.x86_64

I guess what this comes down to is that something is missing in my
installation.  But what?