[scribus] reading PSD files

Alexandre Prokoudine alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 18:09:27 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 9:01 PM, a.l.e wrote:

> all of you who have always dreamed of opening any PSD file with scribus
> may want to check this project:
>
> http://meltingice.github.com/psd.js/

There are lots of basic PSD parsers on github, code.google.com etc.
What is special about this one? :)

I've opened PSD from various versions of Ps v8+ in Scribus and I could
always see layers, blending modes and clipping paths as they are
supposed to look. Not sure about work paths, but I have a few files
around to test.

So I don't really understand how some arbitrary JS parser is going to
help. Reusing the code for reading PSD that a Krita student wrote last
GSoC -- now _that_  would make sense to me :)

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org